Friday 17 January 2014

Travel to Shanghai Confucian Temple

During the Cultural Revolution 80% of the site was burnt. Volunteers and students managed to rebuild it. It is a very nice, relaxing and quiet complex in the middle of skyscrapers and noisy roads. A young China tours student came to me at the entry and she offered to be my guide. She was knowledgeable and her pronunciation good, so that at the end I gave her 20 CNY. Entry is 20. I didnt like the shop at the end and the girl that insisted a lot to make me buy something...
It's not a must, but I liked it.

I paid for a private tour of this place, which turned out to be a great idea. There were so many things I leaned that I would have missed out on by just wandering through the on my own. The tour staff are very well spoken on the history of the Yangtze River cruises temple and the cultural impact it had. Our guide also spoke excellent English.

Shanghai tours

This place was fantastic. Well worth the 5 yuan entrance fee. It was almost empty for both of us to roam the place freely, and take pictures. You are also given free incense to burn travel to Shangri-la inside the temple. Much better then the Jade Buddha Temple.

I used to live over in LaoXiMen and it was about 3 years before I even knew this place existed. That's one of the things that make our visits there so nice - no throngs of tourists spitting and dropping garbage on the floor! It's almost always quiet and I happily pay the modest door fee to get inside so I can read a book in peace and quiet. The temple is a lovely series of courtyards and beautiful Shanghai tour old traditional buildings with a small, but nicely maintained garden. If you're in the area, please stop in and enjoy the break from the outdoor street market just outside the gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment