Sunday 23 March 2014

My Best Shanghai Travel of Shopping

Our first stop was the Fabric Market, where the Shopping Tour had several choice vendors that met their qualifications. If i had China tours gone in by myself, i would have turned back. It would have been too overwhelming. Three floors with so many vendors. We had some silk and linen pieces made. We also bought a couple of fake Rolex watches which really resembled the real deal!

The next stop was the Silk Factory. There was a demonstration of the silk worms which was very interesting. I could have spent more time here!
We bought a couple of silk duvet inserts, pillow, silk pillow cases and silk pajamas/robes. The silk duvets were steal compared to the SmartSilk duvets costing 600.00. We bought the recommended weight and I am so pleased that I have asked MJ to purchase a few more and she will ship them to me. The quality of the silk pajamas and robes are beautiful. The polyester Natori nightgowns Yangtze River cruises feel like sandpaper to me now. I have not washed the pajamas yet so I cannot review how they launder. Everything was vacuum packed so I was able to fit everything in the large, nearly empty, suitcase that I had back at the hotel.

Shanghai tours

We went to a local shop where you could buy souvenir type gifts. the shop was nice but nothing tweaked our interest.Lunch was a a very nice Chinese style restaurant, the food was preordered by MJ and we had a wonderful lunch.Next we went to the flower market and lastly the pearl market. I purchased a strand of grey coin pearls and my daughter bought an inexpensive jade bracket, we were pleased with our purchases.I highly recommend that China tour you do this activity if you are in Shanghai. I am hoping to return in a couple of years and on my next trip, I will hire the Shopping Tour for a private tour to explore more of the city.

Well where do I start, first of all there were only 4 people on our full day shopping trip plus MJ our guide. From the moment we met MJ we knew we were going to have a fun filled day. MJs experience and tips on the shopping front set the scene. We had excellent tips on where to go and what bargains to look for. With only having 3 days in Shanghai, this was definitely the way to go, we even had time to get tailor made clothing and this was delivered to our hotel. The dumplings were a great treat and certainly much needed after a few hours of shopping. I thought my man would Shanghai tour not enjoy the day but he had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed it as much as I did. MJs advise on restaurants and local history was excellent. We will be back and look forward to going out with MJ again. A bug thank you MJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment